Senior Reporting Editor
TERMS OF REFERENCE
The Legal Clinic Network (“LCN”) is an Iraqi NGO supporting legal aid service delivery, awareness raising, and advocacy on behalf of vulnerable Iraqis. The LCN is an umbrella organization of 35 registered Iraqi civil society organizations (CSOs) that provide direct legal aid services nationwide through static legal clinics and mobile legal teams. The LCN members also provide awareness workshops on legal protection issues, specifically focusing on civil documentation and family law, as well as housing, land and property and administrative law.
Senior Reporting Editor SCOPE OF WORK
Donor reporting is a critical aspect of the resource and partnerships management. Senior Reporting Editor is responsible for preparing quarterly and annual report for LCN project based on inputs from project departments; time management and pre-planning is crucial as report timing is set by funder
- Research, write, edit and proofread a ~20-page text – including charts and graphs, as needed – for the Quarterly and Annual Report
- Translating of partner’s report from Arabic to English and vice versa
- Coordinating with project team to develop narrative and quantitative reporting materials to ensure that the content accurately reflects and includes the major results achieved by the Project.
- draft text is reviewed by Project Manager and BOD Consultant, the consultant will incorporate revisions related to content, design and/or language.
- Develop LCN’s branding standards for language and presentation.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
- Previous experience of UNHCR Protection Cluster
- A minimum of three years of work experience at the national and international levels in donor report writing on Legal, or substantive report writing
- Ability to identify key Legal data and technical information from various reports and other sources, and present it in a manner that is less technical
- Fluency in English (ability to write reports in clear and readable language)
- Proven ability to operate in a team environment liaising with a diverse team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to manage a varied workload and prioritize tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Experience of using own initiative and problem-solving attitude
Please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Closing dates for applications is January 25, 2017.