The Legal Clinic Network (“LCN”) is an Iraqi NGO supporting legal aid service delivery, awareness raising, and advocacy on behalf of vulnerable Iraqis. LCN is an umbrella organization of 31 registered Iraqi civil society organizations (CSOs) that provide direct legal aid services nationwide through static legal clinics and mobile legal teams. LCN members also provide awareness workshops on legal protection issues, specifically focusing on civil documentation and family law, as well as housing, land and property and administrative law.
Senior Legal Advisor SCOPE OF WORK
The Senior Legal Advisor Provide oversight of compliance of LCN Partners with agreed technical guidelines, and advise them accordingly.
Provide assistance to local professional legal associations and NGOs to improve their capacity to provide legal services, develop regional continuing legal education, and improve Organizational development.
- Assist with regional policy advocacy initiatives, and help the formal justice sector improve its Capacity to make the public aware of legal services available.
- Work to improve target NGO’s capacity and effectiveness by overseeing development of Program through which senior lawyers and legal professionals assist the NGO’s.
- Assist in organizing and implementing technical activities, training events, and other activities as defined by the work plan to meet strategic programmatic objectives.
- Working with other team members to develop and carry out customized Fining and mentoring for NGO legal services provider.
- Conduct scheduled site visits to partner NGOs to monitor and assess quality of implementation
- Advise on the correct documentation and processing of legal cases
- Contribute to program success stories and provide input for success stories to communication Specialist including photographs when possible.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned by Supervisor
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
Bachelor degree in Law
- Previous experience of UNHCR Protection Cluster.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Understanding of policy and regulations in related fields
- Proven ability to operate in a team environment liaising with a diverse team.
- Ability to manage a varied workload and prioritize tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Experience of using own initiative and problem-solving attitude.
- Acceptable English language (Speaking, reading and writing).
Please send your CV to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing dates for applications is April 12, 2018.