Protection Monitoring Team Leader
TERMS OF REFERENCE
The Legal Clinic Network (“LCN”) is an Iraqi NGO supporting legal aid service delivery, awareness raising, and advocacy on behalf of vulnerable Iraqis. The LCN is an umbrella organization of 35 registered Iraqi civil society organizations (CSOs) that provide direct legal aid services nationwide through static legal clinics and mobile legal teams. The LCN members also provide awareness workshops on legal protection issues, specifically focusing on civil documentation and family law, as well as housing, land and property and administrative law.
Protection Monitoring Team Leader SCOPE OF WORK
The Protection Team Leader leads and coordinates LCN’s protection input with the objective of providing timely and effective protection to populations of concern, as well as supervising protection interventions within an office. The incumbent must be able to contribute to or lead, depending on the level, development of a multi-year protection strategy that is solutions-oriented and based on a consultative process with multi-functional teams and partners. The incumbent must also have the ability to forge strong partnerships with other UN agencies and NGOs to facilitate the operation’s protection objectives.
- Submitting monthly protection report
- Conducting field visits to the IDP camps in (Baghdad, Diyala, Wassit, Najaf and Karbala) while for (Anbar, Salah Aldin and Diyala) based on security situation.
- Attending workshops in IDP camps in mentioned above governorates.
- Attending cluster meeting for Central South Working Group (WG), Baghdad Anbar Working Group (BAWG) and Gender Base Violence (GBV)
- Attending protection cluster meetings
- Attending Trainings related to Protection and mentioned above activates.
- Submitting urgent reports related to IDPs situation and movements.
- Submitting quarter report for protection achievement and activates.
- Coordination with other NGOs to provide up-to-date information feed to LCN and LCN’s Partners.
- Follow up with LCN protection team about identified Protection issues in each governorates and giving protection advices.
- Providing training to LCN team about Protection topics.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
- Previous experience of UNHCR Protection Cluster
- Experience in excel and online management systems
- Proven ability to operate in a team environment liaising with a diverse teams
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to manage a varied workload and prioritize tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Experience of using own initiative and problem-solving attitude
Please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing dates for applications is December 25, 2016.