Protection Monitoring Officer
TERMS OF REFERENCE
The Legal Clinic Network (“LCN”) is an Iraqi NGO supporting legal aid service delivery, awareness raising, and advocacy on behalf of vulnerable Iraqis. LCN is an umbrella organization of 35 registered Iraqi civil society organizations (CSOs) that provide direct legal aid services nationwide through static legal clinics and mobile legal teams. LCN members also provide awareness workshops on legal protection issues, specifically focusing on civil documentation and family law, as well as housing, land and property and administrative law.
Protection Monitoring Officer SCOPE OF WORK
The Protection Monitoring Officer coordinates with LCN’s protection Team Leader to monitor protection status across the country with the objective of providing timely and effective protection to populations of concern. The incumbent must also, have the ability to forge strong partnerships with other UN agencies and NGOs to facilitate the operation’s protection objectives.
- Submitting monthly protection report to Protection Team Leader.
- Submitting on-demand reports to Protection Team Leader.
- Keep an organized event-report archive.
- Update on/off-line databases with the supervision of team leader.
- Record, photograph and take on-site notes during protection site visits.
- Conducting field visits to the IDP camps in (Baghdad, Diyala, Wassit, Najaf and Karbala) while for (Anbar, Salah Aldin and Diyala) based on security situation.
- Attending workshops in IDP camps in mentioned above governorates.
- Attending cluster meeting for Central South Working Group (WG), Baghdad Anbar Working Group (BAWG) and Gender Base Violence (GBV).
- Attending Trainings related to Protection and mentioned above responsibilities.
- Coordination with other NGOs to provide up-to-date information feed to LCN and LCN’s Partners.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
- Previous experience of UNHCR Protection Cluster.
- Experience in excel and online management systems.
- Proven ability to operate in a team environment liaising with a diverse teams.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to manage a varied workload and prioritize tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Experience of using own initiative and problem-solving attitude.
- Acceptable English language (Speaking, reading and writing).
- Mention the university degree you would prefer?
Please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Closing dates for applications is January 25, 2017.