TERMS OF REFERENCE
The Legal Clinic Network (LCN) is an Iraqi NGO supporting legal aid service delivery, awareness raising, and advocacy on behalf of vulnerable Iraqis. LCN is an umbrella organization of 31 registered Iraqi civil society organizations (CSOs) that provide direct legal aid services nationwide through static legal clinics and mobile legal teams. LCN members also provide awareness workshops on legal protection issues, specifically focusing on civil documentation and family law, as well as housing, land and property and administrative law.
Executive Director SCOPE OF WORK
The Executive Director is the key management leader of LCN Projects. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
• Planning and operation of annual budget.
• Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
• Serving as LCN’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
• Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the state and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance LCN’s Mission.
• Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the Foundation throughout the country.
• Supervise, collaborate with organization staff.
• Strategic planning and implementation.
• Oversee organization Board and committee meetings.
• Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
• Review and approve contracts for services.
• Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
• A bachelor’s degree
• Transparent and high integrity leadership
• Five or more years senior nonprofit management experience
• Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
• Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
• Ability to convey a vision of LCN’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
• Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
• Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
• Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
• Strong public speaking ability
Please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Closing dates for applications is May 21,2017.