TERMS OF REFERENCE
The Legal Clinic Network (LCN) is an Iraqi NGO supporting legal aid service delivery, awareness raising, and advocacy on behalf of vulnerable Iraqis. The LCN is an umbrella organization of 31 registered Iraqi civil society organizations (CSOs) that provide direct legal aid services nationwide through static legal clinics and mobile legal teams. The LCN members also provide awareness workshops on legal protection issues, specifically focusing on civil documentation and family law, as well as housing, land and property and administrative law.
GRANTS MANAGEMENT SCOPE OF WORK
The Grants Management will work collaboratively with a highly experienced team to support the development of systems and tools for efficient grant management and reporting. They will ensure a coordinated approach to the grant-making process, including calls for proposals, selection, contracting, risk management and reporting. The post holder will need to maintain an overview of all grant and contract management issues.
Manage the implementation, evaluation and close-out of the grants program.
- Arrange, together with technical teams, the technical assistance and training for potential grant applicants.
- Work with technical teams and project partners to facilitate grant application development.
- Communicate the results of the meetings to prospective Grantees and facilitate further communication to address deficiencies in grant applications.
- Ensure that all necessary documentation required for completing the fund Approval Package (e.g. Accounting System and Financial Capabilities Questionnaire, and Negotiation memo) are timely and properly filled out and signed.
- Manage the technical and cost evaluation, while performing the subsequent negotiation processes to arrive at acceptable grant agreements with selected applicants.
- Draft Grant agreements for Approved Grants
- Work with the NGO’s on defining Milestones and Cash Flow Projections
- Maintain grantee payment tracker and ensure payments are processed in a timely fashion in coordination with the finance department.
- Support the COP in responding to audit queries and the donor requirements
- Assists in managing NGO Coordinators’ workload and schedules.
- Provide on-site mentoring and guidance to NGO coordinators through joint site visits and spot checks.
- Conduct investigative audits of implementing grantees financials and progress reports, in collaboration with the NGO coordinators.
- Train new NGO Coordinators on grants administration, management and procedures in accordance with the Grants Manual.
- Supervise grants staff, including oversight of quantity and quality of work, timecards and leave, and preparation of annual employee evaluations.
- Maintain strong program monitoring, data gathering, compiling and filing systems for the grants program.
- Work closely with project components and the M&E department to ensure that data collection and reporting by grantees is in accordance with grant agreement requirements
- Perform functions of financial administration and reporting to include, but not limited to: preparation and timely submission of grant applications and reports, development and adjustment of associated budgets and coordination of budgeted funds
- Oversee the preparation and timely submission of grant applications, application amendments, and budget modifications.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
Previous experience of grant management/administration
- Experience in excel and online management systems
- Proven ability to operate in a team environment liaising with a diverse teams
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to manage a varied workload and prioritize tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Experience of using own initiative and problem-solving attitude
Please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Closing dates for applications is April 27, 2017.