Child Protection Specialist
TERMS OF REFERENCE
The Legal Clinic Network (LCN) is an Iraqi NGO supporting legal aid service delivery, awareness raising, and advocacy on behalf of vulnerable Iraqis. LCN is an umbrella organization of 31 registered Iraqi civil society organizations (CSOs) that provide direct legal aid services nationwide through static legal clinics and mobile legal teams. LCN members also provide awareness workshops on legal protection issues, specifically focusing on civil documentation and family law, as well as housing, land and property and administrative law.
Child Protection Officer SCOPE OF WORK
The Child Protection Officer Supervising and mentoring the implementation of the CP activities in IDP areas in close coordination with LCN’s protection Team Leader to monitor Child Protection status across the country with the objective of providing timely and effective protection to populations of concern. The incumbent must also, have the ability to forge strong partnerships with other UN agencies and NGOs to facilitate the operation’s protection objectives.
- Submitting monthly protection report to Protection Team Leader.
- Submitting on-demand reports to Protection Team Leader.
- Liaise with partners at both community level and inter-agency cluster level
- Follow up with referring agencies as required
- Keep an organized event-report archive.
- Update on/off-line databases with the supervision of team leader.
- Record, photograph and take on-site notes during protection site visits.
- Conducting field visits to the IDP camps in (Baghdad, Diyala, Wasit, Najaf and Karbala) while for (Anbar, Salah Aldeen and Diyala) based on security situation.
- Attending workshops in IDP camps in mentioned above governorates.
- Attending cluster meeting for Central South Working Group (WG), Baghdad Anbar Working Group (BAWG) and Gender Base Violence (GBV).
- Attending Trainings related to Child Protection and mentioned above responsibilities.
- Coordination with other NGOs to provide up-to-date information feed to LCN and LCN’s Partners.
- Perform other tasks as requested
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
- Experience in working with children and youth.
- Relevant work experience in child protection programs.
- Experience in excel and online management systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ethical sensitivity.
- Proven ability to operate in a team environment liaising with a diverse team.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to manage a varied workload and prioritize tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Experience of using own initiative and problem-solving attitude.
- Acceptable English language (Speaking, reading and writing).
- Mention the university degree you would prefer?
Please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org